Thanks for your message.
c£6000 is owed to the management company. I wish to contest the amount in full and counter claim for our costs, all legal costs, and even our time. Wife is a Dr (c£500 day rate) and i work in banking (Legal & Risk), so for example, my day off tomorrow is costing me c£750 for the day.
1. We have Mercedes invoice plus notes which confirm that rodents had eaten certain wires and that a rodent nest was found in the engine. (C£2000 costs)
2. letters from other residents (its a block of c100 new build flats within the complex) complaining fo the rodent issue.
3. numerous of our letters to the management company raising this issue
4. Copies of letters from 2 others residents complaining about the rodents
5. proof of an assault case, as intruders gained access to the roof of the building due to the faulty front door system.
In all of this, the management company have stated that they have never had a complaint raised to them about the rodents (lie) and that they have only once had a report of the faulty front door (again a lie).
They have also said that they are aware of the rodent issue (contradiction) and have quickly blamed the building across the street...So here, they have in effect acknowledged the issue, also put rat traps down, but at the same time say that have never received a complaint?!
I am currently looking through our terms and conditions, notably the minimum standards within the contract that the management company are obliged to meet.
I am struggling with case law to use as precedent.
I shall push on here, as the court hearing is tomorrow morning. Anything you can help with would be very very much appreciated, especially in terms of my line of attack.
The management company's letters are quite far off the truth and i think i can prove that, thus persuading the judging panel to throw the full demand of payment by the management company out of court....Comtempt?
Over to you and thanks in advance - i shalll certainly rate your reponse once received.