Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  BA honours degree in law, over 20 years experience in litigation, contract and property matters
12609314

my daughter has moved in with me and I want to put the house

my daughter has moved in with me and I want to put the house in her name, I have a son , how can I make sure he inherits some of the property when I die

You could put the house directly into their joint names that way they will both own half of the house.If you want your daughter to be able to stay in the house beyond your death you can create a situation where you also give her the right to live there for life.

I hope this helps. If there are any further points please reply.

Best wishes

Yours sincerely

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
does this have to be sorted out via a solicitor or is it something I can do myself ?

You need to transfer the property, register the transfer at the Land Registry and prepare a trust document if you want your daughter to have the right to live there for life so I think you will need a solicitor's help on this.

Yours sincerely

Michael