Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

how do i find out who owns the leasehold on my property 191

how do i find out who owns the leasehold on my propertyXXXXXsouthport merseyside pr8 6lu?

Thanks for your patience.

You need to enter the details of the leasehold in to the “Find a Property” search engine on the land registry website:-!ut/p/b1/04_SjzS0tDQwMTIxMjLXj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfGjzOKNjSxMDA1NjDwsjM3MDTxN3dyNDUNMjQ1MjPWDU_P0c6McFQH3SLFU/

It may generate number of entries, it might list the building as a whole and also all the flats in the building held on leases (I assume that it is a long-leasehold property), click on the one that you think it is and it will confrim that you are able to download a copy of the title register for the property for a small fee.

Once you have downloaded a copy of the register you need to check section A – property register, to confirm that is is the correct lease. Then you can find out who owns the lease by checking section b, proprietorship register, this will list the owner.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,