Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law

UK Property Law I own a flat within a small block of flats

Customer Question

UK Property Law
I own a flat within a small block of flats (Priory House) in England. The balcony attached to my flat is in need of repair and maintenance. The Property Management Company claims that the balcony repair is the responsibilty of individual lessees, and referred me to The Second Schedule, Part II, which is a follows : "ALL THOSE the Main structural parts of Priory House including the roofs foundations, balconies meterstore and external parts and window frames but not the glass of the windows of the Flats nor the interior faces of such external walls as bound the Flats and all sewers drains pipes wires ducts conduits not used solely for the purpose of one Flat and the joists or beams to which are attached any ceilings except where the said joists or beams support the floor of a Flat."
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

Exactly which bit are they saying is excluded, based on what word?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Management Company claims the Balconies are the responsibilty of individual lessees based upon the statement in given in the Lease in The Second Schedule, Part II which is reproduced in the origanal question.

To me this appears to be untrue because of the other effect mentioned in the same statement in the lease.

Which part do you say it is their responsibility?

Are you insured?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not wish to persue this. Thank you for responding.

Welcome. Good luck.............