Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I am bying a part bye goverment sceam flat the venders silicotors

I am bying a part bye goverment sceam flat the venders silicotors has been working on the legal end of things sine August, as to date he has not sent any papers to my solicitors and he has not returned any phone calls from my solictors is this write and can I do anything?

Thanks for your patience.

I’m afraid that it is entirely the vendor’s solicitor’s responsibility to forward the draft contract and supporting documentation to your solicitor. Either he hasn’t received instructions from his client or he has been incredibly slack because that is a very long time to wait.

You need to speak with your solicitor to put some pressure on them, it’s difficult though because – as I am sure you are aware – all conveyancing transactions are “subject to contract” until such time as contracts are exchange so, strictly speaking, there is not much you can do to compel them to send the papers (if they have instructions from their client already).

Speak to your solicitor, get them to write chasing the papers.

Speak to your agent, get them to phone the vendor and say that you have registered your concerns and require material progress to be made.

Those, apart from threatening to withdraw, are your options at this point.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you

No problem.

Please remember to rate my answer.