Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

hello. i would like my name entered onto the land regitry for

hello. i would like my name entered onto the land regitry for property i live in with my parents. which land registry form do i need to complete? can i get assistance from a solicitor for this?
Hi
Thanks for your question/n .

For clarity and the avoidance of doubt, could you please respond to the following USING THE SAME NUMBERING:-
1. Who is registered on the title for the property at the moment
2. Do they consent to this
3. Is there a mortgage on the property
Kind regards.

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My parents are on the title at the moment. They consent to my name being added. There is no mortgage on property. is it form ADV1? I need some guidance on how to complete the form.

Hi

Thanks for your patience.

No, it’s not ADV1.

You will have to draft a Transfer (form TR1) from your parents to your parents/your (which you will both have to sign as a deed (ie. witnessed) and you can download the template form from the land registry's website. You will have to submit this to the land registry with their form AP1, this is also downloadable from the website
by selecting from the "Forms" tab:-
http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/public/forms
The forms are very straight forward but you may have some questions on completing the form but the land registry's customer support service are very helpful to lay persons. A fee will be required and you can also ask them about that.

You will also all have to download an ID1 form from the above for each of you. Complete this then take it to a solicitor to certify for £10 per form and submit this with your AP1 application.

I would caution that unless you execute a Declaration of Trust declaring the extent (eg. By percentages) of your respective interests then it will presumed that you each hold an equal share.

Your parents should also strongly consider getting legal advice independently from you because if they do then it makes it much less likely that the transaction would be accused of being one which was carried out under duress.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom