Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I bought an apartment in a UK holiday complex in 2007 and

I bought an apartment in a UK holiday complex in 2007 and Land Registry are having a problem finding my apartment with the title numbers I have supplied from the plans I have in my possession ! Does each property have a separate deed number ?
Thank you!
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

The flat will be leasehold and I presume the length of the term of the lease is longer than 7 years and therefore it should and will have a separate title number at the LR.

You should order the freehold copy of the register for the entire block that your apartment is in.

At the end of the freehold register it will have a Schedule of Leases noting all the registered titles for each lease for each flat. Yours will be on here. It will probably be denoted, for example, Flat 19, and then refer to a title number for it. You can then order the register by the title number to verify that the title is registered with you as registered proprietor of it.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom