Daniel Smith
Daniel Smith, Daniel Smith
Experience:  JustAnswer
46922868
UK Property Law

How do I obtain a copy of the TR1 Transfer Deed that was drawn

up when my house was... Show More
up when my house was transferred to a new owner?

XXXXX XXXXX :

Hi there. Thanks for your question, I will assist you with this.

XXXXX XXXXX :

You can request it from the Land Registry - you can obtain it using their online services: www.landreg.gov.uk

XXXXX XXXXX :

Hi

XXXXX XXXXX :

I hope this answers your question. If so, please do rate the speed and quality of service by leaving me a rating. It only takes 1 second to do… If you would like more information, then please let me know and I shall do my best to help out! Thank you!

Customer:

Hi Daniel,

I've already been to the Land Registry website and bought the extract from the Land Registry but this does not show the details that were on the TR1 form.

Is there a different document I need to obtain from the Land Registry that will information about the covenant that was on the TR1?

Cheers

Steve

Customer:

The doc I bought is the Title Register.

XXXXX XXXXX :

Yes, when you've got most likely is a Register View, but you can actually get the TR1 too. You might have to call them to get it, but you can get it. If there was a covenant on the TR1, then it should be on the Register View too - it would be most unlikely to only be inthe TR1.

XXXXX XXXXX :

Customer:

The document contains a title extract and a full copy of the register. Ownership of the property was transferred to my ex-wife in 2008 but I remained on the joint mortgage. The TR1 covering the transfer contained a clause that she would covenent to indemnify me in respect of any financial liability with respect to the mortgage. I'm trying to get hold of either the TR1 or find where this wording appears. It's not in the copy of the register.....

XXXXX XXXXX :

I see. You can get it from the Land Registry - they retain all of them in electronic form. As I say you might need to call the district land registry concerned, which is stated in the Register View.

Customer:

Ok I'll give it a go - thanks for your help!

XXXXX XXXXX :

Thank you and good luck with this!