Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

My father recently passed away.While going through is belongings,i

My father recently passed away.While going through is belongings,i came across an old document relating to a property my parents once lived in.The document as the title This legal charge.Part of the document says that a sum of £90 representing the principal money secured by the within written legal charge together with all interests and costs the payment having been made by the within named Mr.Raymond Smart(my father).The property no longer excists but the land where the house once stood is just derelict land.What i want to know is does the land in question where the house once stood belong to our family. Thank You.

Have you found Land Registry Official Copies which note your father as the registered propreitor of the land?