UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

How do you register a second charge on a freehold property

How do you register a second charge on a freehold property in Scotland. The charge is in respect of a loan of £20,000 which ranks behind the existing mortgagor. What forms do you have to complete what fees do you have to pay and to whom.

Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

Does the owner consent?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes the owners is signing a Consent Letter and the mortgagor is sending me a Deed of Postponement to sign?

The fee is £60.

You need to apply for 'standard security' over the property.

For the details of the process please visit:

http://www.ros.gov.uk/artltraining/pdfs/standard_security.pdf

Please remember to give my answer a POSITIVE rating so that I am credited for my time. Thank you.

Your question does not close and you can ask follow up questions.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have tried to access this web page without success. Can you tell me the form that has to be submitted and I can download that from the site?
Try using internet explorer or chrome.

Please remember to click *** SMILEY FACE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice