Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
11292137

does a lifetime property protection trust protect against a

does a lifetime property protection trust protect against a local council use the value of the property in the trust to pay for long time care?
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my wife and i have started to have set up a ,

'lifetime property protection trust' with 'collective legal solutions' who assure us that because we are in good health and likely to remain so for the forseeable future that we are protected against our local authoriy having any claim on our house which is put into .the trust

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

I have heard of these schemes before.

Often the co want money to set it up and the directors of the company become trustees!

If the trust is set up to avoid care fees, then no trust will avoid it. It really is as simple as that.

The trustees would have to prove that the trust was done for another reason. What is the reason for setting up the trust? Avoiding care fees perchance?

If it was so easy everyone would do it

Please rate my answer and I will follow up any points you raise for free. The thread remains open. Thanks

L