Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

we have right of access to rear of our property, through next

we have right of access to rear of our property, through next doors path. but are prevented by neighbour blocking the path by parking two cars there
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

You should write formally to your neighbour drawing his attention to your right of way and attaching copies of the registered title for your property which confirm the right of way. State that access must be reinstated immediately and if this is not done within 7 days then you shall issue proceedings for an injunction against them blocking the access way.

If he does not reinstate then you can see a local solicitor about writing a final letter before action to them confirming your intention to sue and their last opportunity to reinstate.

If they do not reinstate then you will have to issue proceedings in county court for an injunction from the Court. A solicitor would be able to do this fairly cheaply, or you can attempt it yourself by contacting the local county court and asking for them to refer you to the correct forms.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom