How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 25358
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi i have been looking at this site easy home

Resolved Question:

hi i have been looking at this site easy home and am interested in the property listed as three bedroom detached house in sydenham ref 7451 could you please tell me if buying a property using this easy home ownership is legal as the site and listing is a little there are so many scams i dont want to part with my money if i dont get a house at the end of it!!if this is all perfectly legal i would also need all the details explained to me
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! If you've any queries once you've read my answer do ask. When satisfied, kindly click the Green ACCEPT button.

Such schemes can be a useful way of getting on the housing ladder however you usually end up paying more for the property because the company concerned want a percentage on the return of the money they lend which is usually higher than commercial lenders.

I must say though I don't much like this website. I cannot find any contact details for them though it is possible I have missed them. The website is light on the terms they propose. There is a company of the same name incorporated at Companies House but it was only incorporated in May of this year. The company has no mention of its FSA registration number which is is required to have to operate in this field.

Before dealing with them further, ask them for their full contact details, FSA registration number and precise details of the terms and a quote for the breakdown of charges and interest due. If they try to encourage you to hand over money at an early stage walk away because you should not be handing over any money until they have given you full disclosure of the proposal and the above information and you would need a solicitor to be involved to act for you in the matter.

I do not say they definitely are scammers but the website is not good and lacks the detail I would expect to see from a company offering this service and they seem quite keen to talk about your handing over "getting started money"
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thankyou for your reply we asked these questions because we had the same misgivings about the website you mentioned that there are schemes like this how would i go about finding ones that are ligitimate and would you recommend any thankyou
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.
There are three government back schemes. The schemes are known collectively as HomeBuy and are split into 3 separate initiatives:
  • New Build HomeBuy Where you purchase a percentage of your home from a Housing Association.
  • Open Market HomeBuy Where the government gives a low interest loan to help you meet the cost of your house.
  • Social HomeBuy Where social housing tenants are assisted in buying their own home on a shared ownership basis with the help of a government loan.

There is also a private scheme called rent2buy. With this you agree to a fixed, 6-year lease and to take over maintenance of the property. In return for your commitment and work you receive 6% of any increase to the property's value on an annual basis. Additionally, you may sign an 'option to purchase' contract at the outset of your tenancy. This contract gives you the right to buy, from the end of the third year until the end of the sixth year of your tenancy, at a discount of 36% of the growth in property value. You do not have to buy and you can exit your lease with one month's written notice after you have lived there for six months. It is not the same as shared ownership but at least you are getting a small return on the money you pay as rent.


Finally some developers run their own schemes. Crest Nicholson for example does so. This is to try to sell houses and so they can offer good terms sometimes.

Joshua, Lawyer
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 25358
Experience: LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Joshua and 3 other UK Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.
Sorry I should have said more information about the government run schemes can be found here:

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
  • I did not know a French Law service existed and I was very impressed with the speed of reply --- very professional. Many thanks! Ms. Baker Alfafar, Spain
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie USA
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC

Meet The Experts:

  • Aston Lawyer

    Aston Lawyer

    Property Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB(HONS) 20 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
< Last | Next >
  • Lawyer/2013-10-8_19517_JAPROFILEPICTURE.64x64.jpg Aston Lawyer's Avatar

    Aston Lawyer

    Property Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB(HONS) 20 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
  • Clare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years exeperience
  • INC's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • Alex J.'s Avatar

    Alex J.


    Satisfied Customers:

    LPC, 2 Years Conveyancing
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Matt J's Avatar

    Matt J


    Satisfied Customers:


Related UK Property Law Questions