Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

conveyancing solicitor got angry for me asking to many questions

conveyancing solicitor got angry for me asking to many questions regarding my progress and decided to finish our contract leaving me with a bill that not yet paid but in the meantime can the information already gathered by him be tranfered to another solicitor details supplied
yours truly XXXXX XXXXX
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question

Your solicitor has a lien on your file until such time as the bill is settled I'm afraid. You can pay the bill and then dispute the amount at a later date.

With conveyancing files however your new conveyancing solicitor should be able to write to the vendor's solicitor to request the contract, property information forms and supporting documentation so that the transaction can proceed though. You should be fine providing the vendor's solicitors are prompt in replying.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,