Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

My deeds state..And together also with full right and liberty

My deeds state..And together also with full right and liberty in common with other persons entitled thereto for all purposes and with or without vehicles of passing and repassing over and along the whole of the roadway 25 feet wide leading from back lane to the property hereby conveyed and colored yellow......

My question is - can I park on the roadway colored yellow?

Thanks for your question.

I’m afraid that if the right to which you are referring only states that you may pass and repass over the area but does not specifically mention that you also have a right to park there then you do not have a legal easement to park there.

The right extends to access only, not parking.

This will remain the case until a further easement is executed or until you have parked there continuously for a period of 20 years, this would entitle you to claim a right to park by the law of prescription.

Sorry it could not be better news.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom