Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

How do I find out the freeholder of a particular property which

How do I find out the freeholder of a particular property which is at present on a lease of 97 yrs from 1969 ?

Thanks for your question.

You need to download the register for the freehold estate. The lease that you are referring to will be registered against the freehold title at the Schedule of Leases in the final part of the document. The registered lease will have it’s own separation title number and this will be referred to in the schedule so you can check you have the correct freehold title.

The registered proprietors listed on the freehold registered will be the freeholder/landlords of the lease.

You can download a copy of the register for the freehold from the land registry's search engine:-
Enter the postcode for your property and if it is registered it will give you the option to download a copy of the register.

It may give you options to download the leasehold estates for the registered leases within the freehold title, but it is the freehold title you want and it should list “freehold”.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have a document from the Land Registry:

A Property Register - describes the freehold land on the plan.

B Proprietorship Register - gives a name under "Title Absolute"

C Charges Register - gives the date of the original 97 year lease and a lessees

title registered number

Is the name given in (B) the freeholder ?

Please click accept.

Kind regards,