How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Smith Your Own Question
Daniel Smith
Daniel Smith, Daniel Smith
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4035
Experience:  JustAnswer
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Daniel Smith is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if a house has been left empty for two years and the owner

Resolved Question:

if a house has been left empty for two years and the owner has gone back abroad and the is getting smashed windows by kids is there any way i can obtain this house to fix it up and get ownership of the house to put it to good use rather than it lay empty and may be set alight and run the street down
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Daniel Smith replied 5 years ago.
Hi there. Thanks for your question, I will assist you with this.

Only by the consent of the individual owner concerned. You can't just take over ownership without his consent. He might, however, be willing to sell it to you for reduced price if it suffers from vandalism etc. as you say.

Please press accept.

Daniel Smith and 2 other UK Property Law Specialists are ready to help you