Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Please help, I have obtained a copy of my title deeds and I

Customer Question

Please help, I have obtained a copy of my title deeds and I am not showing as the house owner, the person I pay the annual leashold fee is the regiatered owner of the house.

Have they purchased the house without me knowing?

Many Thanks
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

• 1. Do you own a flat? (ie. Do you have a long-term (99 or 999 years) lease)

Kind regards.

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Thomas,

Not a flat, I live in semi-detached property, I am not too sure on the length of lease but the Charges Register on the document I obtained does state a 999 year lease to a person in 1956?

The person whom is showing as the owner is the person we pay £18 a year too for the leasehold or freehold, sorry I cannot recall what the payment is for.

Does this help?

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Is there a title number listed for the 999 year lease in the charges register?

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

At the end of the paragraph detailing the 999 year lease it states the lessees title number and this number is XXXXX from the title number of the document.

Apologies if this is not what you required, I can send a copy if need be?

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

I think you have downloaded the wrong register. The one I suspect you need to download is the title number for the 999 year lease listed in the charges register.

This will be the register for the lease of the property that you bought (though 999 year lease is effectively akin to having a freehold estate). It will be in the same format as the register that you have already download save for that it should list you as the Registered Propreitor rather than the person that you are paying your annual service charge toi.

If it does not list you then get back to me and I will follow up for free.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Tom,

No problem paying the fee your advice has been great, can you please just advise how I would obtain a copy of the other title document.

Thanks.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Thomas,

You were spot on!, I have now succesfully obtained a copy of the correct Title document .

Many Thanks for your guidance.

Paul

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.