Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Hi I have been trying to get hold of the title deeds to my

Hi
I have been trying to get hold of the title deeds to my property but Land registry have sent me 2 electronically (one more detailed pack) that look exactly the same and are out of date, under the name of a letting agency? I'm concerned as I'd like to see that I appear on the documents as I am on the mortgage - should the deeds reflect the mortgage paperwork?
Where can I go from here as I have no idea!
Thanks
Lisa
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Hi Lisa
Thanks for your question.
To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-
1. Do you own a leasehold flat or a freehold house
Kind regards. Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My partner owns a flat but at a different address, I have no idea what type it is though, I dont really understand those terms (sorry) He has a mortgage on the flat, I think through his business in some way. Is this information any use to you?

Thanks

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Lisa,

The register you have obtained is divided up in to three parts 1) Property Register 2) Proprietorship Register and 3) Charges Register

Can you type the entry immediately beneath the Property Register?

Please also confirm the address of the property you want to find out.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tom

Sorry, type the entry? What do you mean there

The address isXXXXX Heald Green, Cheshire, SK8 3NR.

Thanks

Lisa

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Lisa,

At the start of the document you have been sent there will be a sentence which should read either:-
" The Freehold land shown edged red on the plan of the above Title Filed at the Registry and being...."

OR

"The Leasehold land shown edged red on the plan of the above Title filed at the Registry and being....."

It will then list the address.

Does either list the "2 Greenway Road, Heald Green, etc..."?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, it shows Property Register

'...the Freehold land... and beingXXXXX.'

Propriortoship Register section shows the letting agency name & address

Both show a date of 1986?

Thanks

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Lisa,

What is the actual address that you want to check the ownership of?

Don't worry - we're nearly there!

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I want to see the ownership ofXXXXXplease as that is where my name is XXXXX XXXXX mortgage papaerwork.

As we are separating the house needs to be sold and my partner is refusing to move on this, so I've been told to make sure that I have all correct copy documents ie mortgage paperwork, deeds etc. It is peace of mind from my point of view really. I dont remember seeing some of the documents apart from application forms!

Also, do you know how long the process of going lthrough the courts can take?

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX

Lisa

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Lisa

XXXXX- the property that you are referring to and wish to know the ownership - is this a flat?

Please also state if it is know as Flat A or B (if it is).

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, no.XXXXXis a detatched house

No.XXXXXis my partners flat, I have no dealings with that at all. He rents it out

Thanks

Lisa

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Lisa,

Which of the two do you want to know the ownership of?

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tom

Just number 2 please, ie the house where I live/pay the mortgage (want to sell).

Number 9 I dont have any dealings with at all, it's his flat. I have never been involved with the mortgage there.

Thanks!

Lisa.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Lisa,

Do you remember who you bought the property from?

Was it the letting agent that is named in the propreitorship register?

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, the property was owned by an elderly couple. I remember that it had gone to Auction but didnt sell, then my partner contacted the estate agents who were handling it at the time.

The company mentioned as proprietorship on here says (04.02.1986) WREN Proprties Ltd but we dealt with a different agent.

Thanks

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Lisa,

This is very confusing.

If the Property Register lists the address of the property that you own then you have the correct title if it is a simple freehold house.

If the propreitorship register does not list your name then you need to contact the solicitor who acted in your purchase to check that they registered your interest after the property was sold to you properly because it should read that you and your partner are the registered propreitors of the Title.

A solicitor who acts in a conveyance when you buy a property ALWAYS registers your interest. They will be able to tell you what has happened. It may be that you have the wrong title number and there is a mistake that the Land Registry, either way I cannot give any further specific advice because I can't see the copies you have for confirmation.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor