Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

How do i find the legal ownership of a particular address.

How do i find the legal ownership of a particular address. 76 New Bond St, London
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

You can download a copy of the register for your property from the land registry's search engine:-

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/wps/portal/Property_Search

Enter the postcode for your property and if it is registered it will give you the option to download a copy of the register. You will have to pay a £4.00 fee.

Look at the propreitorship register of the title you have downloaded from the Land Registry, this will list the owners of the property.

If you do not have a postcode for the property you find it via Royal Mail's postcode checker:-

http://postcode.royalmail.com/portal/rm/postcodefinder;jsessionid=SET1ZKTGMXTGGFB2IGIUOSQ;jsessionid=SET1ZKTGMXTGGFB2IGIUOSQ?catId=400145&gear=postcode

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Is there any further information you require?

If you do not click accept then your money stays with JustAnswer and I do not receive any credit at all for having taken the time to answer your question.

Please click accept.

Tom