How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7581
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a house is solely in the husbands name and he dies does

Resolved Question:

If a house is solely in the husbands name and he dies does the wife have to go to probate to get it put in her name?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


Yes, a grant of probate/letters of administration (if your father dies intestate without will) must be taken there was a property held in his sole name. The Land Registry will require proof of the grant of probate in order to register the transfer of the property to the beneficiary inheriting it.


You can show her on this page here to convince her. Just go to "Is a grant of probate/representation always needed?":-


If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.


I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Property Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Property Law Questions