Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

my partner has been sent an occupiers waiver form reference

my partner has been sent an occupiers waiver form reference my remortgage, i understand this means them giving their consent to the mortgage and that they would have to leave the property if it got reposessed, but there is a guarantors covenant section which i dont understand... help???

Does it look like a standard form document?

Who is the lender?

Has your lender actually asked for a guarantor to your mortgage? You would know if they have?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've never seen one before it's just text on an A4 sheet, the lender is Nationwide. No they haven't asked for a guarantor. Does this section need to be filled in? Regards Kerry

That's Nationwide's standard form mortgage deed - they include the guarantor part whether or not you actually have a guarantor. It is not a bespoke document unfortunately.

If you do not have a guarantor then you do not need to complete that part. If you are in any doubt about whether they require a guarantor then give them a telephone call.

Get your partner to execute the occupiers section and return it to them. You will then be able to them. This will suffice.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,