Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Hi if I gave some money to a relation to buy a property/land

Hi if I gave some money to a relation to buy a property/land in the canaerys ie Furtuventura can I be named as the owner regards XXXXX esq

What is agreed that you would be co-owner or would retain some interest in the property?

Was the transfer of money understood to be a loan or a gift?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Tom It was understood that I would be sole owner neither a loan or gift but a fund to purchase some land / an agreement between mother and son regards

Hi Mj,

Why then are you not registered as owner of the property?

Has the transaction actually completed?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry been out to Weston beach race It seems that only a resedent of the Canerys with a NEAF number can buy / We think completion is done

Does that mean you no longer require my attention and wish to request a refund?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No please help

You're going to have to speak to a lawyer in the Canary Islands about the registration of the property and any options open to you. Do this immediately. Call the UK Embassy there and ask if there is a law society/regulatory authority to which they can refer you.

If the person has bought the land in their name outside your instructions then it seems to me that your likely to have to make some form of application to Canarian Court in respect of the purchase of the property.

If there are no options available to you in the Canary Islands then you are left with the prospect of having to sue the person here in the UK and you will have to take specific advice from a UK litigation solicitor.

Kind regards,