Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I have my Official copy of register title. This mentions the

I have my Official copy of register title. This mentions the title holder. Do I just write to them and say that I need to increase the lease or even purchase the Freehold?
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Yes, you should write to the freehold owner/your landlord, The proprietorship register should list an address for service for them, write to them there.

Note that if you do extend the term of your lease you will require the consent of your mortgagee (if you have a mortgage), they may charge a fee (£200.00 all in) and will require you to enter a deed of substituted security so that their charge is registered against your lease post-extension.

I hope this helps if so please kindly click accept so that I am rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,