legal eagle 73
legal eagle 73, Solicitor
Experience:  10 year qualified solicitor; LLB; member of STEP and Probate Section

My husband & i have joint ownership of our home, we want to

My husband & i have joint ownership of our home, we want to make mirror wills, & change our ownership to tenants in common to protect our daughter who still lives at home ( age 42 ) we have another daughter with her own home.

Is this a long, drawn out, expensive thing to do?

hi there

do you want to ensure that your daughter can live in your house after one of you has died?

if so, then you will need to have wills drawn up with a trust incorporated in them giving your daughter a life interest. Prices will vary for the cost of making Wills in this way. But the cost is likely to be a few hundred pounds.

You should consult a Solicitor who specialisms in Wills and Probate. When you telephone a firm to make an appointment you can ask whether the firm has a separate Wills and Probate Department. Alternatively you can go onto the Law Society website to find a specialist solicitor in your area.

Please click on the green accept button if you believe i have answered your Q