Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I have just moved into a new flat which has completely

Customer Question

I have just moved into a new flat which has completely electric heating and hot water. I have a tank in the kitchen cupboard which the hot water comes from. Just ran a bath and water runs out with bath only quarter full. Even though both peak and off peak switches have been on for 5 hours I would have thought there'd be enough hot water for a full bath. The hot taps have no hit water coming from them even though been an hour since water ran out and could hear tank replacing the water. Help please as I am new here and not sure if there is a switch I need to push on somewhere. There is a header tank in loft.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: I only moved in last week once I bought the place and still trying to work out how everything works
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am hoping it is a simple issue and I haven't switched something on since moving in. Property was empty for 5 months beforehand
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 2 months ago.

Hi one switch uses dayrate power but only heats the top half of the tank.
The other heater is night rate and wont come on until after midnight
This heats the whole of the tank

Expert:  Brian replied 2 months ago.

.