Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI
15546140

We have an Ivory II Triton shower and have a couple of

Customer Question

hi, we have an Ivory II Triton shower and have a couple of problems when using it: sometimes it just wouldn't work- esp during the day.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: and 2 -it work in a strange way: you have hot water for a couple of minutes then it gets cold and a minute later you have extra hot water (after a minute or two) back to baerable temperature, is THAT normal? sorry the second ne is the most annoying
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: well, it's like that for quite a while. I'm renting the place and the owner insists that it's like this and the previous tenants were happy with it.... and it basicly how the Triton shower work
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no, I plan on asking the owner do the work. But , as I said before he just insists there is no problem
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: well, I am so far away from plumbing that there might be things I am skipping and which might be significant for you, so... that's it for now
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 28 days ago.

If this is the electric shower and it is having trouble maintaining the temperature then it probably needs a new thermostat or it is scaled internally