Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

I am trying to remove a water pipe plastic end cap from a

Customer Question

Hi I am trying to remove a water pipe plastic end cap from a water pipe under the sink. The end cap looks like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GucvbYi3pCU
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: To long and my hands hurt....female DIY job.... dishwasher install
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Once the end cap is removed should I be able to attache the dishwasher water hose directly to it after?
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience as a plumber. I'll be glad to assist you today.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 2 months ago.

You will want to make sure your main water is turned off or if there is a stop valve on the pipe that it is off. If you turn your main off then drain the system before removing the cap. Do you see at the base of the cap that there is a plastic piece? To remove the cap you would push that piece up while pushing the cap down. The piece pushes up inside the cap and gets between the teeth that hold the cap on and the pipe. You will need a similar type stop valve to replace the cap with so that you can book up the dishwasher. The valve should come with a removal tool that makes it much easier to remove the cap. I'll make a video to show you how to remove the cap. It'll take me a little while.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

I see you still have not positively rated my service. Although the only way that I get paid is when my service is positively rated, it also tells me that you have not received the information that you were seeking to find a solution to your issue. Will you let me know what affect the information I provided had on the issue at hand and how else I may be able to help?