Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.

I am trying to remove a water pipe plastic end cap from a

Customer Question

Hi I am trying to remove a water pipe plastic end cap from a water pipe under the sink. The end cap looks like this
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: To long and my hands hurt....female DIY job.... dishwasher install
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Once the end cap is removed should I be able to attache the dishwasher water hose directly to it after?
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 28 days ago.

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience as a plumber. I'll be glad to assist you today.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 28 days ago.

You will want to make sure your main water is turned off or if there is a stop valve on the pipe that it is off. If you turn your main off then drain the system before removing the cap. Do you see at the base of the cap that there is a plastic piece? To remove the cap you would push that piece up while pushing the cap down. The piece pushes up inside the cap and gets between the teeth that hold the cap on and the pipe. You will need a similar type stop valve to replace the cap with so that you can book up the dishwasher. The valve should come with a removal tool that makes it much easier to remove the cap. I'll make a video to show you how to remove the cap. It'll take me a little while.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 7 days ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?