Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

The shower cartridge on my mira excel shower only tends to

Customer Question

The shower cartridge on my mira excel shower only tends to last 2 or 3 years and then the small its of blue or red plastic on either the cold or hot inlets snaps and I end up replacing the whole cartridge which costs well over £100. Is there anywhere I could buy replacements for these small bits of plastic rather than having to replace the cartridge every time?
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. If you contact the manufacturer they will replace parts like that for free under the limited lifetime warranty. I would also recommend when replacing the cartridge to use some silicone grease on the cartridge to help lubricate it. Be sure to use plumber's grease or silicone grease and not any petroleum products like Vaseline (petroleum jelly).

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

I see you still have not positively rated my service. Although the only way that I get paid is when my service is positively rated, it also tells me that you have not received the information that you were seeking to find a solution to your issue. Will you let me know what affect the information I provided had on the issue at hand and how else I may be able to help?