Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.

The shower cartridge on my mira excel shower only tends to

Customer Question

The shower cartridge on my mira excel shower only tends to last 2 or 3 years and then the small its of blue or red plastic on either the cold or hot inlets snaps and I end up replacing the whole cartridge which costs well over £100. Is there anywhere I could buy replacements for these small bits of plastic rather than having to replace the cartridge every time?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. If you contact the manufacturer they will replace parts like that for free under the limited lifetime warranty. I would also recommend when replacing the cartridge to use some silicone grease on the cartridge to help lubricate it. Be sure to use plumber's grease or silicone grease and not any petroleum products like Vaseline (petroleum jelly).

Expert:  Mike R. replied 7 days ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?