Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI

My ecotech plus boiler has lost pressure due to me replacing

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: My ecotech plus valiant boiler has lost pressure due to me replacing an old radiator but I can't repressurise it.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: about half an hour. I opened the two valves at the bottom but it is not filling.
JA: Sometimes plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: thanks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if it can be fixed easily. I was hoping for an additional valve somewhere. I had BG in a while ago and he said there was a valve somewhere in the unit.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: its was showing a fault 22 code but now its a F75 so I think there is a pressure filling problem. The pump is still working but due to the low pressure the boiler won't work.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 4 months ago.

Can you upload a picture?

Do you have the two valves on the pipework under the boiler?