Ask Chamberlain Maintenance Your Own Ques...
Chamberlain Maintenance
Chamberlain Maintenance, Plumber
Experience:  Qualified Plumber with over 17 years experience in Domestic & Commercial plumbing.

Water pressure below 1bar. How do I raise the pressure to

Customer Question

Water pressure below 1bar. How do I raise the pressure to operating level?
JA: Sometimes plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Hopefully yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: There is a loop with 2 taps which turn
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Chamberlain Maintenance replied 4 months ago.

Hi, Where you say you have a loop with two taps on. If you open these taps one at a time you will see the gauge start to move, you need to get it to 1.5 bar then shut off the taps. You may also need to bleed the radiators just in case you have air in the system. You will need a radiator key £1 from most diy shops. open the little square bleed nipple at the top of the radiators (have a cloth handy to catch any water), vent the radiators until water comes out, close the vent and check the pressure on the boiler and top up as directed above.