Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

My Biasi boiler is not firing up. I can hear ticking noise

Customer Question

Hi
My Biasi boiler is not firing up. I can hear ticking noise and hum as if it tries to fire up. Red light is not on. Water pressure is on 1.75. Can anyone advise on the problem? Many thanks
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 5 months ago.

Hi can you let us know please, are you on LPG or Natural Gas.

Can you give us the model of your biasi.

Is it just hot water that is not working, or heating and hot water.
Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Brian
Thanks for your reply. We use natural gas. I found a little sticker saying M90E24S GB N061060605 - is this the model? The boiler is not firing up if you open hot water or switch the heating on or use both.
Expert:  Brian replied 5 months ago.
Ok natural gas,
No that's probably a serial number of some kind, I will see if I can find the model from it.
By the sound of it, its not going to be a simple fix.
Is the fan running. If it is you will need to pull the front off the boiler and check the pressure switch. You can do this with a multimeter and by gently blowing down the pipe to see if you get continuity on your meter.
That's the first step really.
Are there any lights flashing or numbers on the front Lcd panel if it has one that will give us a clue regarding the fault.?