Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI

Grant Vortex boiler the on off switch is stuck in the off

Customer Question

Grant Vortex boiler the on off switch is stuck in the off position. Any ideas?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: We have two hot water tanks. One started tripping the electrics this week at the same time the switch on the boiler became permanently locked in the off position. Have isolated the electrics to the problem tank but can't get the boiler switch to shift to on.
JA: Sometimes plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Plumber should know?
Customer: That's it for the moment
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 4 months ago.

You should be able to link out behind the switch until you can get a new one - can you upload a picture?