Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI
15546140

Guys, I've recently had a brand new heating system

Customer Question

Hi guys, I've recently had a brand new heating system installed. It is a Vaillant 30kw system boiler and a Joule cylinder. All run over a Honeywell 2 channel controller and then wired in with a Salus digital stat.
What I want to know is how come when using the hot water why does it run out? I was under the assumption the boiler is meant to continuously top up the tank?
My plumber has said its because I turned off the immersion heater on the side of the tank. Which I thought was an emergency back up if the boiler fails? Please someone help.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.
Good morning my name is ***** ***** Can you give me more details of both your boiler ie model number and type and also what version Joule have you got.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Good morning,
I don't know the exact model, but I do know it is Vaillant Ecotec 30 kW system boiler and a Joule unvented cylinder. I will only be able to get further info tonight. Will this suffice?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.
that will be fine as I'm out on the road at the moment too - will pick up when Im home.