Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

JA: . What do you want help with? Customer: I have

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a glowworm bolier which is dropping pressure quite fast now over the last couple of days. I repressurise the system to get it up to above 1.0 bar when the system is off and it loses pressure by the evening of the following day. Recently I have allowd only a small amount of water into the system and the pressure has increased much more than it would have done normally.
JA: Sometimes plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Plumber should be aware of?
Customer: The boiler is probably 4 years old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 7 months ago.
Hi loss of pressure means you are losing water somewhere.can you firstly check the copper pipe that is outside the property on the other side of the boiler to make sure that its not dripping. You could tape a plastic bag over the end and leave it to see if any water collects in it over a day.If you have over pressurised the boiler just bleed a radiator and allow the water to drip into a bowl until you reach the desired pressure.