Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

Baxi Bermuda 51/5 Back Boiler starts mins then goes to

Customer Question

Baxi Bermuda 51/5 Back Boiler starts for 5 mins then goes to red light,have had new pump and new motorised valve fitted drained down system and refilled and is still the same
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Baxi Bermuda 51/5 Back Boiler starts for 5 mins then goes to red light,have had new pump and new motorised valve fitted drained down system and refilled and is still the same
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Plumbers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 10 months ago.
I am presuming that this is a solid red light and due to overheat, rather than not firing. You need to check if the pipes from the boiler are carrying heat away and up to the pump.If not then you have a blockage within the system or the heat exchanger, this could be an airlock but I doubt it as you had the problem before draining down or changing parts. You may want to consider a powerflush