Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.

Betacom 30c with lpg conversion. Hot water ok but no heat in

Customer Question

Betacom 30c with lpg conversion. Hot water ok but no heat in rads. Ch outlet pip getting hot but only for about 18 inches. Pump replaced but problem persists. System 4 years old in new build house.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Engineer wants to replace boiler, saying its likely a heat exchanger blockage. I'd like to know if the advice given is reasonable. Engineer not aspiring confidence as he had to ask glow worm for the diagnosis.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Plumbers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 6 months ago.
Hi I can understand your fears but the plumber may have just been checking just in case there was a common problem. Unfortunately there are so many boilers on the market its very hard to keep up with all the good and bad points.Having said that, I think this is possibly a little bit of a drastic measure.I think I would offer you a powerflush first to try and clean the system.If this does not work, its no loss as the system would need cleaning when the new boiler was fitted anyway, to comply with the warranty