Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering

No hot water, isolator switch red light is on and green light

Customer Question

No hot water, isolator switch red light is on and green light flashing on thermostat as it should but not working, the red light is the tell tale? Any advice ? It stopped working when I turned off house using main switch.
Category: UK Plumbing
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The thermostat is the circuit board type not the simple rod with temperature adjust, very complex wiring compared to usual heating element and thermostat set up, no reset button exists.just a small led green light indicating power is reaching the tank beyond the circuit breaker
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I disconnected the wires for the tank from the (new) isolator switch & red light still shows so it seems problem is prior to the switch, the feed is from a switch located in main fuse box with an "on" & "auto" option, tank only worked when this was set to "on"
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 6 months ago.
Does the unit have a make and model?