Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

Why when I turn on my bathroom tap does gunk bubble up

Customer Question

Why when I turn on my bathroom tap does gunk bubble up through my bath tub plug hole?
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 8 months ago.

Hi if you have plastic pipes you may want to give this a try.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/One-Shot-Instant-Drain-Cleaner-1L-/201430286241?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

I think you can buy it at B&Q aswell

This is really strong so please read instructions before you pour it down the drain.

I use it all the time when i'm called out to busy public houses for blockages.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry should have said when I turn my bathroom sink tap on the gunk n scum bubbles up through my bath plug hole. Charlene
Expert:  Brian replied 8 months ago.

Hi Charlene. Unless its always happened since new I still suggest you try One Shot The basin and bath wastes are joined together, you have a blockage in the pipe past the basin.

So when you run the basin it goes toward the bath instead of free flowing to the main drain pipe.

If its always happened then the bath waste pipe is sloping back towards the bath instead of away from it.