Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

Worcester Junior 24i - Mechanical clock not working, kept

Customer Question

Worcester Junior 24i - Mechanical clock not working, kept time OK but when overiding no heat from boiler. I replaced clock with digital Salus version (wireless). Receiver comes on (Red transmit/receive light on) but heating still does not come on. Hot water fine. Just had an engineer in who says I need to replace PCB. I was expecting him back with the part today but he has just rung back to say I need to contact Worcester Bosch to get the part myself. I have now spent £170 for a half job.
JA: Sometimes, Bosch, plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Plumber should know?
Customer: Old receiver allowed me to get heating on but since I have disconnected that the new receiver does not seem to connect to communicate with the boiler
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Plumbing
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Worcester Greenstar 224i Junior ID No.7716130141 - GC No. 47 311 86 n g.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Worcester Greenstar ***24i*** Junior ID No.7716130141 - GC No. 47 311 86 n g.
Expert:  Brian replied 10 months ago.

Im sorry you have had a problem with your plumber I would suggest you telephone him to see why he is not returning and ask him for a refund or part refund as he has not completed the job.

Worcester do have a service plan i dont know the details but it might be worth considering as you are guaranteed a quality of service.

Service Plan Enquiries Tel: 0330(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for your reply! I managed to fix the issue myself, all it cost me was 20 minutes so it turns out I didn't need a new PCB, engineer probably only replaced fuse and charged me a princely sum of £170 for the privilege, I have made a complaint to Rightio (https://www.rightio.co.uk/). Grrr!
Expert:  Brian replied 10 months ago.

Brilliant im really glad you have repaired it. good luck with your complaint.

Brian

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Brian!