Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

My heating engineer is fitting a worcester bosch system

Customer Question

Hello,  my heating engineer is fitting a worcester bosch system boiler (greenstar 35cdi)  and WB greenstore cylinder.  I will be doing the wiring. I'm a newly qualified electrician  and have never wired up a CH system before.  I need some help with choosing the controls.  The system has 2 heating zones but I don't need to control the timing for these separately so I think I can use a dual controller and 2  zone/roomstats + cylinder stat. Can you recommend suitable digital  Controls.  Ideally they would be wired as the system is in the loft and it's a big house so I imagine wifi/rf signal will be poor.  It would be great if I could control the hot water from one of the stats too or a separate controller downstairs.  So there 3 x 2 port valves (one for each zone and one for the cylinder.  I presume I'll be wiring it  as S plan +??  Thanks in advance.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

just by a Danfoss or Honeywell S plan kit and an extra thermostat the Greenstore unvented will come with a zone valve as part of the kit.

You cannot control your hot water temperature from another source it is controlled by the thermostat that's situated on the side of the cylinder. set to about 60 65 degrees.

Obviously you will be able to control it via the programmer that I presume you will wire up in a convenient location and not in your loft.

It would be a good idea to ask your plumber what the best deal he/she can get on the control packs as there merchant may be doing special offers.