Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I have a very small flat. Hot water is provided by an

Customer Question

I have a very small flat. Hot water is provided by an instantaneous water heater from Chaffoteaux & Maury and the water runs off the mains. There is a cold water tank in the attic but it is currently empty.
The external wall in my bathroom has a toilet on one side and a bath on the other with a window above. There is no space to fix a shower against this external wall.
I have both gas and electricity to the property.
Water pressure is relatively poor as there are 4 flats in a converted 1890's house.
My question is it financially viable or even possible to install a shower in the bathroom. The side wall is solid brick and roof above is pitched.
If you need any other info please let me know
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 8 months ago.

Cant you install a shower over the bath with nice bath screen.

My concern is the water pressure, and that would need to be measured before you went ahead the easiest way to see if you are happy with the flow and pressure is to buy a cheap shower that you push on the bath taps, hold it up to the height you would like the shower and assess yourself if the flow of water is adequate for you.

link below

http://www.diy.com/departments/bq-single-spray-mode-white-hand-shower-with-tap-adaptors/189704_BQ.prd