Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I have a Salus RXST625 receiver on my boiler and suddenly

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Salus RXST625 receiver on my boiler and suddenly it's flashing red and blue and the heating is not working. The hot water is though so the boiler seems otherwise fine.
JA: Sometimes plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Hello, I have a Salus RXST625 receiver on my boiler and suddenly it's flashing red and blue and the heating is not working. The hot water is though so the boiler seems otherwise fine.
JA: Is there anything else the Plumber should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Plumber responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 10 months ago.

It sounds like it has lost connection with the Thermostat. Try changing the batteries in the thermostat and re- syncing it with the reciever following the manual for both units.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm afraid I am not happy with this service - not because of your expert advice (although I had already tried that) but because this answer has not come through until three days after my submission. For some reason it is dated the 8th although I was notified by email today (the 11th). Obviously by now I have called out a plumber as I couldn't stay without heating for that long. Please note this is not a complaint about your response but the service in general and I am not happy to pay for it beyond the deposit. Please do not charge me, if you do I will unfortunately have to make a formal complaint. Thanks
Expert:  Brian replied 10 months ago.

Hi Thats no problem.

I dont have anything to do with charges the only way i would ever receive payment from you is if you accept my answer.

I will flag this up to the moderators for you and they will be in touch.

Best regards

Brian

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you Brian, appreciated, as I say I understand this is not your fault at all (and I was writing my request not to be charged to the moderators really!)All the best, Hannah