Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

RickHelp!My central heating is a basic system consisting

Customer Question

Goodmorning, RickHelp!My central heating is a basic system consisting of:Pumped heating and gravity feed for hot water.Drayton Tempus 7 programmer and Drayton RTS1 thermostat.There is no zone control or control valves in the system.The boiler is an oil fired Redfyre boiler / cooker; one flow pipe and one return pipe.The flow tees off to feed heating, which has pump in airing cupboard and the other pipe feeds the hot water cylinder in the same cupboard.The return pipe is tee'd as the flow.The wiring is a mess and I would like to use a Honeywell 10 Way Junction Box (42002116‑002) to achieve this.At present the thermostat controls the heating pump.Please advise how I should connect the above components to the 10 way junction box.Hot water is normally provided by a timed immersion heater.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Did you get the entire message asI tried to cut and paste on an iPad..
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Plumbers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately this will be a really difficult task to complete online as there are no set wiring colours to refer to. Especially a heating system thats quite old. The plumber would have used any wire he or she had to hand.

The job is not that difficult as long as you take it one step or wire at a time, taking time to mark what goes where.