Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

Having problems with Enviromax c26 combination boiler it

Customer Question

Having problems with Enviromax c26 combination boiler it keeps over heating and operates the overheat stat.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It overheats after a few hours of operation like over night just wondered if it could be one of the thermisters at fault?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Plumber should know?
Customer: No don"t think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 9 months ago.

Hi if the boiler has the 4 led's on the front, then its most likely going to be one of the thermistors in the boiler,

if the boiler is overheating just on water only then try replacing the one in the slave tank on the side, if its water and heating then the one in the main heat exchanger. if you lift the lid on the boiler you can see the white wires going to the relevant pockets.