Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI
15546140

I am also a heating engineer but need to query a problem on

Customer Question

I am also a heating engineer but need to query a problem on this boiler, my customer has hot water but no central heating, timer/programmer is on as normal and was working yesterday then just stopped, I tried linking out the room stat and programmer which didn't make a difference, also tried manually opening the 3 port valve but boiler still only fires up for hot water? im thinking pump or 3 port not switching correctly? thanks ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am also a heating engineer but need to query a problem on this boiler, my customer has hot water but no central heating, timer/programmer is on as normal and was working yesterday then just stopped, I tried linking out the room stat and programmer which didn't make a difference, also tried manually opening the 3 port valve but boiler still only fires up for hot water? im thinking pump or 3 port not switching correctly?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Plumbers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Plumbing
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
boiler is a Glow worm Ultimate 60ff
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 9 months ago.

Sounds like the 3 port, is it opening fully when on heating only?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have sorted the problem now as the response has taken so long to get.
It was the actuator in the 3 port!