Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

I have LPG stationary tank that has just been refilled after

Customer Question

I have LPG stationary tank that has just been refilled after running empty. The Boiler will not light (it's a Baxi Duo tec Combo) and shows a flashing 133 fault code which indicates interrupted gas supply. I have run the hot water tap to ensure a demand but nothing happens although the boiler is trying to light. Nothing has been touched in terms of switches or valves. I believe it's something to do with the regulators valves. I have a Novacomet 2203 UPSO and a OPSO. Both have green indicators showing.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Gaztech replied 9 months ago.

You will need to purge gas line ( like removing air from a brake line, not to much to accumulate gas in the house.) as close to the boiler as possible by either loosening the union fitting or a swivel joint depending of the type of gas line was used. Then retighten fitting and check it with soap and water. When doing this you need to make sure eliminate all source of ignition. Vent out room to disperse the gas smell then restart boiler on/ off with power switch until it lites up. very common problem when tank goes empty.

If you don't feel comfortable of doing this you gas company will send tech to do it. it should be no charge if they were responsible to fill automatically.

Expert:  Gaztech replied 9 months ago.

Was this helpful for you?