Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

I have a glow worm 80ff which stopped working. The reset

Customer Question

Hi I have a glow worm 80ff which stopped working. The reset light came on but I couldn't reset it. I changed the pcb and this seemed to work for a while. It now comes on for about an hour then switches off showing the solid reset light. I turn the temp knob on the boiler down and back up again and it fires up. Any idea?
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

Can you confirm the fan starts every time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fan comes on after it's been reset. I've just changed the thermistor too. Still cuts out after about 45mins

With the red light?

It sounds like it is overheating - how hot Are the radiators to touch when it does this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Andrew. I wiggled the wires about on the plug end of the thermistor and it's now working fine. Just a bad connection I think. Thank you for your time

Ok, no problem - keep an eye on it and come back if it causes you any more problems