Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

My vaillant Eco tec boiler shows the light, heats hot water,

Customer Question

Hi my vaillant Eco tec boiler shows the green light, heats hot water, but no central heating in any of the radiators. They are not electronically programmed - it should be on or off. Many thanks.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  billyjr1961 replied 9 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying. Once again use reply..not "rate".

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i need more information - could someone respond to my question!! I have no heating and still no answers from JustAnswer despite my bank having been debited. Please call 07765 255244
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 9 months ago.

Your heating has no time control and no room thermostat - is this correct. The only way you control your heating is by turning to hot water/heating on the front of the boiler?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the radiator heating fires up if I press the + and - buttons simultaneously, but only heats them for about 10 mins then they just cool down and go cold - despite the control being in the ON position. The hot water remains fine
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The front looks like this

Is the timer set to 'on'?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No timers are on - it's just on/off being used

The dial on the right is a timer for the heating.

What is it set to? Can you give me a close up?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Have never used the 'timer' - in 6 years- ever. I just use the main on/off when i use hot water or heat. Which is not frequent as i travel a lot and dont waste utilities! It usually just fires up when i switch it on - and then off- etc. Now the heating doesnt fire up or if i press the + and - simultaneously it heats up all the radiators fully - but curs off after about 10 minutes
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have this but have never used it....

Ok, got it you override it with the 'on' position.

Can you confirm the system pressure bottom right?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

The pressure gauge looks really low, the boiler will not fire for heating unless over 0.6 bar.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
do you have any suggestions???
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Are you able to fill the system up to at least 1.5bar and see how it behaves?