Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

Rick, I have a vaillant ecotec plus boiler to wire up, along

Customer Question

Hi Rick, I have a vaillant ecotec plus boiler to wire up, along with dual cylinder immersion tanks both have 2 thermostats. Boiler has a programmer. I've been left on the job and I'm struggling to wire this. Can you help?
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 9 months ago.

Hi you need to check what valves and style you will be fitting S plan Y plan Etc I dont understand what you mean by Dual Cylinder immersion tanks. Do you mean dual heating element.

Dependent on the system you are installing the programmer or motorised valves normally come with a full wiring diagram but if not they are very easy to obtain on the internet.

If you do mean dual heaters instead of dual cylinder they are obviously connected to the immersion heater switches fitted by the electrician one is normally timed on economy 7 and the other a top up. Hopefully you wont require them because you are using the boiler and heating coil inside the cylinder.